built by Henry Willis (1821-1901) for Sherwell Congregational Chapel in Plymouth. He was known as “Father” from 1898.
Church Layout (Interactive Floorplan).
Church / Churchyard (which has been closed for burials since 1850).
The tower and spire date from 1813, about which time the old tower was taken down. The tower is the work of W.B. Cock, a local builder, who also designed the Pannier Market building.
Altar / Chancel - at the east end of the church.
St Michael & All Angels Church,
The pulpit with its carved cherubs, wreaths and gilding is typical 17th century work.